Friday, April 24, 2009

Product Chatter: 4/24/09

Karen: Omg dude, this Jez thread on favorite discontinued brands/stuff is a-ma-zing.
Jeanne: I KNOW I AM READING IT RIGHT NOW
Karen: I AM LOVING IT
I also want to take a little trip down to the beauty supply and see if I can't find the Touche Eclat equivalent product someone was singing the praises of the other day
Jeanne: It was Sally Hansen, no?
Yay, I have a Sephora box to pick up today!
That has my Dior SkinFlash and the Philosophy shower gel in it.
And my Happy Birthday present.
Karen: Yes.
Jeanne: Hell yeah Sephora Beauty Insider.
Karen: Courtney recommends Laura Mercier tinted foundation, btw.
She was like, "CHECK IT OUT I TRIED HARD AND PUT MAKEUP ON TODAY--TINTED MOISTURIZER AND BLUSH, WHATUUUP BISHES"
Jeanne: Yeah, I like the Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer.
The Estee Lauder stuff is pretty good too.
I think I'm going to try out the Shiseido tinted moisturizer with SPF next, though, once I run out of what I have.
http://sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P204004&categoryId=B70
SPF 20 and non-comedogenic, hollah
And their primer has SPF 15, too.
Karen: Nice!
Jeanne: http://sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P173687&shouldPaginate=true&categoryId=5337
Karen: I think you know, I've been blending my Neutrogena SPF30 tinted moisurizer with about a tsp of regular ol' lotion, it works SO WELL.
Because the Neutrogena stuff doesn't blend/absorb/cover very well. My complexion looks awesome today, I switched lotions from a little sample-size bottle of Neutrogena sesame lotion to a thing of Bath & Body Works lotus petal/whatever lotion I found.
Jeanne: Just straight up body lotion, or a face lotion?
Karen: And I think I'll continue to do the lotion-blend once I'm all out of the Neutrogena, since the Estee Lauder sample you gave me is just a smidge too dark/yellow, but gives good coverage when blended.
Just straight up lotion.
Jeanne: So stuff you would put on your legs?
Karen: With the same amount of tinted moisturizer as you would normally try to slather on le face.
I think it's more like hand lotion, it's just something I found around the house.
Obviously I tested it on my face first to make sure it wouldn't be like AUGH STINGING BURNING IN THE EYES HORRORRRRR
Jeanne: Yeah, for sure.
I would probably still use a face-y lotion, but that's me.
Karen: I am always skeptical about face VS body lotions, I think it's just a marketing difference.
Jeanne: If just because some body lotions could be like "pores? pores! let's get in 'em."
Karen: Yeah.
True, I think that's what the problem with the Neutrogena sesame stuff was.
Jeanne: Or fragrance-y body lotions, I would not want on my face.
Karen: It just felt...oily.
That rose cold cream from Bigelow Chemists is okay.
Jeanne: I swear to god the NARS/Origins combo has saved my face.
Karen: I think I just don't really know how to use it properly? I put it on before washing my face and let it sit like a mask, then wash per usual. That combination alone DRIES MY FACE OUT LIKE HELL.
Jeanne: I don't know which of the two is doing it, but yeah.
Don't you usually use cold cream as a night cream?
So after you wash?
Karen: It's so OILY, though.
I'm an idiot though, I've only ever seen cold cream used in movies, so I imagine that I am sitting in my dressing room with a mirror surrounded in lightbulbs, putting cold cream on my face.
Jeanne: OH
Did you see the BeautyHacks post on Marilyn Monroe's beauty products?
And the specific routine you have to do?
http://www.blogher.com/we-try-out-marilyn-monroes-favorite-beauty-products-do-they-still-work?wrap=beautyhacks/beautyhacks/skin
Karen: whoooaaa
http://www.ernolaszlo.com/i57/information.html
Jeanne: I know, it looks amazing, right?
Karen: The prices are OUTRAGEOUS, but I want to try it~
Jeannee: <-- going to fill out the survey!
Karen: !
<-- signing up for the newsletter in case there's a fire sale
Jeanne: Is my skin concern acne and breakouts, or dullness and discoloration?
Karen: Acne and breakouts, or so it seems to me.
Jeanne: because really, it's clogged pores, which is different than acne.
Yeah.
http://www.ernolaszlo.com/shop-by-skin-type-slightly-oily/c1_9/index.html
Karen: I am Slightly Dry!
Jeanne: TRAVEL SIZES
http://www.ernolaszlo.com/more-ways-to-shop-travel-sizes/c4_60/index.html
Karen: STILL SO EXPENSIVE
$39 FOR A TRAVEL-SIZE FACEWASH
Jeanne: I don't want to fill my sink with hot water.
It's a slow drain.
So unless I wash my face in the bathtub, yeah.
Karen: Yeah.
If it's as amazing and life-changing as it sounds, I would only use it in the morning--regular ol' face wash and toner at night is good enough for me.
Jeanne: Well, nighttime is really when you need to be good to your face because you're getting all of the crud of the day off.
Morning, you don't really need to wash it as heavily.
Karen: But I want it to look Marilyn-good for work.
If I'm going to go through all those steps with special, expensive products, I want somebody to SEE IT
and APPRECIATE IT
Jeanne: True.
Basically, I think I'm going to get the Origins night cream eventually/soon, as soon as I use up my sample, which should last me another couple of weeks.
Karen: Man, if it's worth the investment, go for it.
Jeanne: http://www.origins.com/templates/products/sp_nonshaded.tmpl?ngextredir=1&CATEGORY_ID=CATEGORY21424&PRODUCT_ID=PROD14506
Karen: ooo.
Jeanne: It's amazing.
Although like I said, I honestly don't know if it's the NARS or the Origins, but whatever it is, the combo's working.

No comments: